Monday 23 December 2013

Melbourne; Settling in Down Under

24,100km

 Hey Y'all! Long time no post, but I have been busy settling down to life min Melbourne Australia. Spending my days applying for jobs, playing polo, hanging with new friends, and biking... a lot. 



When I first arrived in Melbourne I was fortunate enough to be put up with a few folks of Melbourne bike polo, which after loosing my wallet in Los Angeles I needed some time to get some stuff sorted out. Once I sorted out some important things, a nice home in the suburb of Ascot Vale sort of just fell into my hands with some friends of friends. 

A few weeks ago was Melbourne Bike Polo's Christmas Tournament and it was a blast with folks coming to play from Sydney, Perth, and New Zealand. Our team, 'Commonweath Shames' placed 5th.


Anyways, Since then I have found a few jobs, a couple of bartending positions at craft beer-centric bars and one at Tru Bru in South Yarra which is a sort of growler refill station with 20 taps of craft beer to choose from.


Now that I am working I am doubtful I will be getting out of the city anytime soon but I do hope to head out to the Mornington Peninsula, Wilson's Prom, or the Great ocean road in the new year. Soon I will have a post with my photos of Melbourne from the last month. Cheers.


W

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Eve Wes...here it is Merry Christmas EVE Eve.

    ReplyDelete