Tuesday 5 November 2013

Visit to Santa Cruz


9,360 km

A short post for a short stay in Santa Cruz, California. After a great few days in San Francisco, it was off to the small coastal city for some partying and polo time! It was a pain getting there as all BART(SF's Metro system) employees were on strike, but at least the connections I had to make I could wait in the sun and enjoy the sights in Oakland, CA. Here are a few pictures of my wander to and through Oakland.
    


After a full day of commuting I arrived at Brandon's house just in time to catch the last number of rounds of the World Hardcourt Bike Polo Championships from Ft. Lauderdale, FL. We live streamed the tournament I the big screen and drank beers and had laughs. 



The next day my Aussie friends Niki and Lachie accompanied me on a bike ride down to the famous Santa Cruz Boardwalk. It was a weird carnival type place and fronted onto a nice beach. While we were there they convinced me to ride the Giant Dipper, America's 4th oldest roller coaster, which was so much fun and I regret nothing! 




    
We proceeded to play polo in the afternoon and then had some beers that night. In the morning it was off to SoCal, Irvine! 


Thanks Santa Cruz for the hospitality!

W

No comments:

Post a Comment