Friday 15 November 2013

Irvine and Surroundings


9,990 km

Short little post here. 

Irvine, CA was one of my final stops on my United States journey. The reason for visiting was to see my cousins Lori-Ann and Nick and their little ones Simon and Anna that I have not seen in far to long, as well to take in some great beaches. 


Irvine is a university town within Orange County and I was staying on the UCI campus. Orange County is also a very wealthy area of the United States, and it was not the most friendly place for biking and walking because of this. The roads are wide and fast avenues serving only to connect the suburbs to the highways. Although all the roads had bike lanes, I witnessed only a hanfull of people acually bikeing or even walking during my week there. 


None the less is was a great base point for the surrounding Orange County beach towns such as Cornona Del Mar, Laguna, and Huntington Beaches. I spent a lot of my time relaxing and recuperating, but did find myself taking long bike rides to the beaches nearby. I also had the opportunity to try a few new foods while in the area, like a really good pulled pork sandwich served in a waffle, and  a Churo... Basically a Mexican doughnut but in stick form. Enjoy some photos folks

The first beach I visited was Corona Del Mar. 




My second ride was up north to Huntington Beach.





On day three I made the trek to Laguna Beach. 












It was a great week and well needed to just chill out in the quiet city of Irvine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment