Monday 4 November 2013

Never Enough Time in San Francisco


9,230 km

My first dabbling in the golden gate city came a few days into my time staying in Sacramento. My polo buddy and hosts Mike, Joe, and I road tripped down for some sight seeing bike rides, really good coffee, and bike polo. 


We spent the bulk of the afternoon biking along the Embarcadero which is a great bike and walking path all along the waterfront from pier to pier. We biked from pier 40 to Fishermans Wharf and along the way we stopped to take some pictures and grab a Blue Bottle coffee in the Ferry Terminal Building. 


Later that day we toured up to Little Italy and Chinatown before a great night of polo at the courts in the Mission District. 

 
My next visit was a few days later when Mike, Marc, and I road tripped down to play polo. This time we started at Fishermans Wharf and biked along the waterfront to Golden Gate Bridge and biked across and got some really spectacular views. It was a spectacular day with not a clue in the sky. Later we grabbed pizza and beers and made our way to the Mission District to play some polo! 




Here are a few sets from and around the bridge!





 
This time I decided to stay behind in San Francisco at a fellow polo players place. The next day I biked around the city taking pictures, taking a few pictures, grabbing a few beers here and there and some great barbecue at Memphis Mini's. 




 
All in all San Francisco is a city I will love to visit again when I have more time, unfortunately finding a place to stay can be tough when you rely on Couchsurfing.org or other peoples places to crash at. 
             
Here is a set of mostly architectural pictures from around San Francisco.









No comments:

Post a Comment