Wednesday 30 January 2013

Travel Plans... The Dream

Hello everyone,

As I stated in my first post The Beginning..., I uprooted myself back in Ottawa for an undetermined period of time to travel.

Since being in Vancouver I have really enjoyed it, and will continue to explore Cascadia for about six more months. In this exploration I hope to accomplish a few things;


  • Hike the Juan de Fuca trail
  • See such places on Vancouver island as Tofino, Nanaimo, and Victoria
  • Hike Lynn Peak
  • Hike The Golden Ears
  • Tour the Sunshine Coast
  • Go to Portland
  • Explore Northern California (Mendocino, Trinity, and Humbolt Counties)

After this I am planning a grand trip, a trip to eclipse all trips.

Around the World

Yup, I am planning an around the world journey, the catch? I hope to do it entirely overland and sea.

Crazy...I know, but what better way to experience the entire earth than to see it in its entire beauty? To take my time, and embrace land and ocean? 

Now I know my family will probably not like the idea right off the bat as I will be away for quite some time! I'm sure they will be supportive as always.

The planning is going well for the over land part but finding ocean vessels to seek passage on is a different story. At the moment it seems that the only way to do this is to join a crew of a smaller boat at a marina or over the Internet.

None the less, the plan at the moment is to travel from Ottawa to Los Angeles(Via
Vancouver and Cascadia) over the course of the summer. From Los Angeles I will hope to seek passage to Oceania and plan on working/backpacking in Australia over the course of 6-12 months.

From Darwin, Australia I hope to seek passage to Indonesia or Puapa New Guinea. I then hope backpack through Indonesia(Lombok, Bali, Java, Sumatra) and seek passage from mid-Sumatra to Malaysia by ferry.

Then I'm on the Asia-Europe continent and I'm down to business... Road and rail to Liverpool, United Kingdom!

From Liverpool I intend to ferry to Belfast and tour around Ireland, Northern and Republic of.

This is the cool bit, the family heritage bit. I hope to travel from Ulster, where my ancestors McClary emigrated from, to Fort McClary, Maine(Named after my ancestor Major Andrew McClary).


So, there it is, a lot that I am planning with new ideas every day... But to summarize my largest goals on this journey, enjoy the pictures(Not my photography);


Visit my Cousins in California 


Tasmania, Australia


Kakadu National Park, Australia


Climb Mount Rinjani, Indonesia


Vietnam


The Trans-Mongolian Railway(with stops in Ulaan-Bataar, and Irktusk/Lake Baikal)




Prypiat, Ukraine


Crimean Peninsula, Ukraine



Transylvania, Romania


Hungarian Parliament Buildings, Budapest


Vukovar, Croatia


Mostar, Bosnia I Herzegovina


Jajce, Bosnia I Herzegovina


Dubrovnik, Croatia


Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia


Bavaria, Germany


An Everton Game at Goodison Park, England


Giants Causeway, Northern Ireland



 (I take credit for none of the photography contained in this Blog Post, although all photography in my previous posts are of my own toil)

If you have a recommendation of a must see place or landmark, post it in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment