Wednesday 6 February 2013

My Hope for Cascadia in 2013?

This is a question that was raised in the Cascadian section of Reddit. That I thought would be nice to share on my blog.

Well I am new to the movement, and the bio-region. I have moved from Ottawa, ON to Vancouver in Oct '12 and up until recently Cascadia has all been sort of foreign to me.

Don't know what Cascadia is? Find out about the bio-region HERE. Don't know about Cascadian Secession? Read about it HERE.

What do I hope to see happen in 2013?

Personal Level: Before I go globe trotting in August I hope to discover and pinpoint exactly what it is that makes Cascadia so different from the rest of Canada/USA. From what I know now of it combined with my current detachment from the government of Canada, I know that it is right for me. But, I'm hell bent on discovering at a community level, why is it so different? How can I contribute to this socially and biologically unique region?

Regionally/Movement wide: Well I simply don't know a whole lot about the current affairs of the movement, BUT, I can see that it is much stronger in places like Portland, Seattle, and Victoria than Vancouver... So simply put I hope the momentum keeps up and grows exponentially in the City of Vancouver and hopefully into the mainland.


Perhaps the motto, Ecology, Equality and Equity Through Respect, Reverence, and Responsibility, will guide me in what to look for.

Coagula Cascadia

No comments:

Post a Comment