Tuesday 22 January 2013

The Great Outdoors

Hello everyone!

This is my second blog post in a week and it is meant to fill you folks in with the Great Outdoors adventures that Ive done in the last 2 weeks! (By Great Outdoors I don't mean the 1988 Jon Candy flick... which interestingly enough I watched last night)

So I took off ten days from both my jobs and along with activities of my last blog post, I was able to do some out doors activities. My friend Brigette and I went up to North Vancouver and hiked the Lynn Loop and saw the cool Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge. Then when I got back from Seattle I booked it up to Whistler fro some really great skiing and some outdoors walks.

Lynn Loop

Lynn Headwaters Regional Park (North Vancouver, BC)

My friend Brigette and I went for a great hike in the Lynn Headwaters Regional Park and the trail we did was the Lynn Loop and took about an hour and a half to two hours. It was a overcast and foggy day but it was a relatively good day for Vancouver. 

It was quite a bit higher in altitude than the hike we did in the Cove Forest because there was snow on the forest floor at the trail head that we started at, and about half the hike was down a trail that was snow covered. 

It was a relatively easy hike, and was quick. Aside from getting out from the city and into the wilderness, I was aiming to scope out some other more challenging and longer hikes for future dates. I was scoping out the Lynn Peak Hike and the Norvan Falls Hike. I hope to do the Norvan Falls hike tomorrow. 

So here are some photos!




Whistler Blackcomb

Whistler, BC

After I returned from Seattle I packed up my ski gear and was up to Whistler for some skiing! I stayed with my ski buddy Andrew in the Whistler Staff lodging, it is nice to know you have a free floor to sleep on.

I skied two days, way less than I planned on skiing. The first day was a great day and I skied on Blackcomb mountain all day and it was pretty well snowing all day. It was one of those days that the skiing just keeps getting better every run of the day

It was my first day on my new ski's which are Line Opus and are FAT, they were so much fun in the powder... just floating around on a cloud of snow!
The second day was great, 32 cm or fresh stuff! So Andrew and I headed up to Whistler Mountain and skied some really good glades and then when the patrol was done blasting headed up to the alpine and skied some bowls! 

"Nothing like dynamite in the morning!"
Around 1 o'clock noon I bailed and hurt my arms and sternum... If I had have bailed like I did without the powder I would have broke my arms, so I consider myself lucky that I am only down and out for a few weeks.

So I was unable to ski the rest of the time I was up at Whistler so I went on some walk-abouts on the mountain and took some photos... Enjoy!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment