Saturday 5 October 2013

Cascadia, Part I


6,485 km

Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of bloggage, but I have been busy in the United States of America! As of September 22 I embarked on the next step, or lets call it 'Phase II" of my world journey.


Phase II began at the 49th Parallel North(The USA/Canada border) and ultimately will take me to Los Angeles by November 5th. So far I hitched a ride down to Portland, OR with my friend Kayla in her sweet Dodge Apollo motor home.
 


During my first 4 days in Portland I spent most of my time biking around and taking pictures of the beautiful homes, the old industrial and warehouse districts, and the downtown area. While I was in town I was staying at the Polo-haus, a residence that is rented by polo players and provides out of towners a convenient place to crash.





On my last night in Portland a bunch of us rolled down to a marina on the Columbia river and had a few drinks at a friends marina bar. Beers and fun times were had while watching the sun set over Vancouver, WA. In the morning I was off to Everett, WA to visit my friends Jared and Heidi, as well as the Everett polo crew.



Here are some photos from my visit of Everett.


On the Friday I was off to Seattle for the Westside Invitational Polo tournament, which unfortunately was cancelled due to an impending rain storm. I went down and stayed with my friend Ryan anyways and did a bunch of fun things as well as play some very wet and cold polo.

On the Friday night I headed down to Studio 7 and saw one of my favorite bands, Alcest play. Here are a few photos.
 

The rest of the weekend was filled with shenanigans, dice, lots of drinking all day at Lost Lake Diner, Canterbury, and Auto Battery. Here are the photos of my last weekend in Seattle.



Hope you enjoyed my post, next up will be Cascadia Part 2, Portland, Cannon Beach, Cape Lookout State Park, and hopefully Smith Rock State Park.

Peace, W







No comments:

Post a Comment