Wednesday 13 March 2013

Temporary Camera Issues

Hello Everyone,

I have been unable to post any significant blog posts in the last little while as I am unable to upload photos from my camera. I'm a little worried I messed the port on the camera up...

None the less I have a little bit of news and some tidbits.

Bowen Island

Howe Sound, Cascadia 


A few weeks ago a couch surfer friend and I went for a hike to Mt. Gardner on Bowen Island. Bowen Island is about a 15-20 minute ferry ride from Horseshoe Bay in North Vancouver. A beautiful Island for sure.

We were looking to conquer the 700m summit of the island but it was very rainy. The trails are not very well marked and we took a few wrong turns at times. With a little help from my trusty compass I navigated us to past the half way point. We got to a split in the trail and took a wrong turn that took us back to a main trail... not really where we intended on going and we then experienced some white out conditions and decided to turn back and plan another trip up. 


We would not have been able to take in the stunning view of Vancouver and Howe Sound fro the summit anyways, and it was just more about being able to say we did it. I hope to find a nice day to re-do the hike in the summer!

Whistler-Blackcomb 

Cascadia


I think since my last post I have been up to Whistler to ski twice. I just got back from my last excursion last night and had a blast. My friends Brian and Erin were out visiting and skiing at Whistler from Ottawa. They offered me a place to sleep in the condo they had rented. It was a really nice gesture and a great place! Comfy sleeps, good food, even better beer, and a Hot Tub!!!

On the first day I was visiting I took Brian and Erin on as best of a grand tour of the two mountains that I could. I think I showed them around well. After a great day we enjoyed a apres ski beer at Blacks pub in the village and a well needed relax in the hot tub!

The second day I was up we got about 20-25cm of fresh new pow. I split off from Brian and Erin for most of the day and skied some epic lines. Best runs of the day had to be a couple of first tracks runs from the Jersey Cream chair down Staircase and The Bite. Also had some beautiful runs in knee deep pow and trees off the Crystal Triple Chair in Outer Limits. 

The Glacier Express chair opened around noon and a friend Andrew and I got up to Spanky's ladder for a run through Diamond Bowl and had a blast. 

A pretty successful ski day due to being blessed by the Ski Gods! An excellent day to call my last day of skiing of the year.

A Few Plans

Seattle, ECO2 Polo Tourney


So on Friday I am off to Seattle for a few day for a polo tournament that I mentioned in a previous post. I hope to be able to post some pictures and maybe even some video of the tournament!

Ottawa, A Rideshare Home


I have arranged a rideshare back to Ottawa on March 23rd to visit for 2 months. I'll be back to see family, friends and to show around two couch surfing hosts from Finland. 

The ride I have found is with a gentleman from Port Hardy on Vancouver Island and we will be driving straight back taking turns at the wheel. We are intending on leaving early on Saturday morning so we can get through most of British Columbia and Cascadia during the day(The most exciting of the drive I hear). 

But I will definitely have photos and I will hope to have a Post for it... If my camera is not broken. :( 

Anyways that Is all for now! Here are a few pictures from my phone of Whistler! 







No comments:

Post a Comment